Saturday, February 19, 2011

Chair Hop

I just typed out a lesson plan for my substitute for the next two weeks and I thought I'd kill to birds with one stone and just post my lesson plans on here. I know it's cheating and the format will be a little different because these plans are for my sub, but I think you'll get the idea.

Chair Hop - Program review
2/27/2011

I’m sending you a big blue Die. The kids can roll it to determine which song you are going to sing. Use the Popsicle sticks to choose a kid.
  1. If I listen With My Heart (IILWMH) vs 1
  2. IILWMY vs 2
  3. IILWMY vs 3
  4. Books in the Book of Mormon
  5. I Will Follow God’s Plan
  6. Wiggle Song


After a song is chosen tell them which word they are going to move chairs. Below is a list of ideas for each song for words. If just moving one chair over starts getting old you can make it more challenging by adding a spin before sitting or jumping 2 or three times. You get the idea. They don’t do the chair hop on the wiggle songs.

If I Listen With My Heart - Choose a few of the kids like Emma Maughn or Madeline Callis to help the other kids with the signs. If it seem to be too hard to do the signs and play chair hop they can not do them.

VS 1
  1. If
  2. I
  3. Hear & Listen

VS 2
  1. Savior, He, Christ (any reference to Jesus)
  2. I
  3. Prophet

Vs 3
  1. Spirit, Soul
  2. I
  3. Hear, Listen

Books in the Book of Mormon
  1. And Number (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th)
  2. Book
  3. On every book name

I Will Follow God’s Plan
  1. My
  2. Words beginning with “P”
  3. I, My, Me (any reference to self)



Wiggle Songs
  • Snowman
  • Head Shoulder’s Knees and Toes
  • Hinges

No comments:

Post a Comment