Sunday, December 26, 2010

Gifts for Jesus - Christmas

I got this idea from the lovely choristers that post on the Yahoo group, but I'm tweeking it a bit because...I can't help myself. I'm a tweeker.

I'm going to bring a few of my Christmas presents I received this year and show them to the kids. Then I'll ask a few of them to tell me their favorite gift they received this year. I'll then ask them if they think Jesus would want or need any of these gifts we've been talking about. (the answer is "no".)

I'll then direct their attention to the small Christmas tree I've brought with a few wrapped gift underneath. I'll tell them that I've brought a few gifts that I think Jesus would be really excited to get from us. (with a song corresponding to each one we can sing as a gift to him too.)

Remembering we are Gods Children : "I Am A Child of God." 2

Teaching Gods other children about Him: "I want to be a Missionary Now" 176

Serving God's children: "I'm trying to be Like Jesus" 78

Trusting Jesus as our Savior: "I know My Savior Loves Me" -from Friend

Following the Commandments: "Keep the Commandments" 146

Read the Scriptures: "Search Ponder and Pray" 109


We'll open each gift and chat a little about why each is a gift to Jesus and why he would want it. Then we'll sing the corresponding song.

No comments:

Post a Comment