Monday, May 24, 2010

Hot Potato

Well yesterday was really fun in Primary. It was a review week for the song Choose The Right Way, but the game we played could be used to review any song.

We played a mix of Hot potato and Do you know the Lyrics. I borrowed the timer from my Mad Gab game. It worked really well because you can pick any length of time. A kitchen timer would work too. We set the timer and the pianist started playing. As long as the timer was going we were singing and passing the bean bag around the circle. Well the timer stopped, the music stopped, we stopped singing and whoever had the bean bag was on the spot. They had to say the next few words of the song. With Jr Primary I let teachers help them so they all did great. For Sr Primary they had to know the next 5 words and if they couldn't get it they had to stand in the middle of the circle for the next round. I also told them they had to sing while there or they'd be singing a solo. Everyone sang during the game because it was easier to keep track of where we were. Also for the last few rounds I let the Sr kids toss the bag across the circle, so long as it was gentle. I also made the rule you couldn't throw it to the person who threw it to you.

Everyone loved it. I was really surprised. Even the big kids were asking for "one more time" when I said it was time to quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment